skip to main | skip to sidebar

My Japan Adventures

As I move into my new life in Japan, I look forward in establishing new connections, trying new things, but most of all laughing and having a great time.

Friday, August 7, 2009

Ukai Fishing

I was fortunate to join and celebrate my JET Regional Advisor Dawna birthday at one of Ozu's famous activities, Ukai Fishing. It is also known as cormorant fishing, which is a traditional method of fishing that uses cormorant birds on leashes to catch Ayu fish. It was very interesting because these fishermen go out on boats and pretty much have the birds regurgitate the fish once they have swallowed a few. We enjoyed a nice bento dinner and watched the show of the fishermen once it got dark. It was very interesting and I'm very happy I participated.






Posted by My Japan Adventures at 7:25 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

About Me

My Japan Adventures
Moving from California to the rural parts of Ehime, Japan is one giant leap. For a year, I will be traveling to various schools and assisting Japanese teachers teach English and hopefully create incredible memories.
View my complete profile

Followers

Blog Archive

  • ►  2010 (3)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  March (2)
  • ▼  2009 (19)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  September (4)
    • ▼  August (9)
      • Matsuyama Fun
      • Imotaki
      • Exploring Ozu
      • Matsuyama Orientation
      • My BOE
      • Uwajima Welcome Party
      • Ukai Fishing
      • Tokyo Orientation
      • SF Airport