Thursday, August 13, 2009

Matsuyama Orientation

Even though we had a Tokyo Orientation when we first arrived, we also had a separate one for Ehime JETs held in Ehime's major city Matsuyama. Matsuyama City is about 40 minutes away by Express Train and has all the big stores and is a very large city. Both days we spent in workshops that were put on by senior JETs and our Prefectorial Advisors who are Japanese. The orientation was very informative and I met a lot of new people. The first night in Matsuyama a group of us went to the streets of Matsuyama to watch a really cool matsuri, which used one of the songs from Sacramento Obon festival.








The following day, we watched an awesome performance from Matsuyama Naginata performance and watched a green tea ceremony, which they allowed to participate. At night we went to another beer garden and drank the night away. We headed to karaoke afterwards, which everyone insisted to on singing "Stacy's Mom"... oh dear. Also, even though I'm in Japan, I feel even shorter... most of the other JETs tower me!

No comments:

Post a Comment