skip to main | skip to sidebar

My Japan Adventures

As I move into my new life in Japan, I look forward in establishing new connections, trying new things, but most of all laughing and having a great time.

Friday, August 28, 2009

Imotaki

My BOE invited me to go to imotaki, a potato eating festival held along the banks of the Hijikawa River with the other Ozu JETs. I couldn't believe the setup! There must have been a couple hundred people that were all lined up to sit and eat imotaki and obento dinner. Of course, during dinner there was MORE DRINKING! I guess it's necessary for a person to pour drinks for others and never pour your own glass, which ends up that your glass is constantly filled! There was an amazing program that consisted of this really cool soccer performer, shamisen performance by a son and father, odori, and taiko. After the program was finished, there were really awesome fireworks that we watched in awe.





Posted by My Japan Adventures at 10:23 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

About Me

My Japan Adventures
Moving from California to the rural parts of Ehime, Japan is one giant leap. For a year, I will be traveling to various schools and assisting Japanese teachers teach English and hopefully create incredible memories.
View my complete profile

Followers

Blog Archive

  • ►  2010 (3)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  March (2)
  • ▼  2009 (19)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  September (4)
    • ▼  August (9)
      • Matsuyama Fun
      • Imotaki
      • Exploring Ozu
      • Matsuyama Orientation
      • My BOE
      • Uwajima Welcome Party
      • Ukai Fishing
      • Tokyo Orientation
      • SF Airport