skip to main | skip to sidebar

My Japan Adventures

As I move into my new life in Japan, I look forward in establishing new connections, trying new things, but most of all laughing and having a great time.

Friday, August 21, 2009

Exploring Ozu

I decided to go out and explore around Ozu City the first couple of days and I found such amazing sites around the city. Ozu is very beautiful and I love how it is inaka, but not TOO country side. The weather is unbelievably hot and humid, but it has been cooling down a little bit. There is a lovely river called the Hijikawa and it separates Ozu into two sides: Nishi Ozu (my area), and Higashi Ozu. If I want to get to more commercialized areas then I have to travel a cross the bridge and through the streets of Hishi. Ozu is made up of three towns: Ozu, Higikawa, and Nagahama. I was lucky enough to get placed with three very awesome JETs in the area, and when I first arrived, I was welcomed by my supervisor and the three Ozu JETs: Mary, Tim, and Dawna. I was so relieved that I wasn't alone in Ozu. As I settled into my apartment, I was able to go around town and capture some great shots on my new awesome red bike.








Posted by My Japan Adventures at 6:19 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

About Me

My Japan Adventures
Moving from California to the rural parts of Ehime, Japan is one giant leap. For a year, I will be traveling to various schools and assisting Japanese teachers teach English and hopefully create incredible memories.
View my complete profile

Followers

Blog Archive

  • ►  2010 (3)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  March (2)
  • ▼  2009 (19)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  September (4)
    • ▼  August (9)
      • Matsuyama Fun
      • Imotaki
      • Exploring Ozu
      • Matsuyama Orientation
      • My BOE
      • Uwajima Welcome Party
      • Ukai Fishing
      • Tokyo Orientation
      • SF Airport