skip to main | skip to sidebar

My Japan Adventures

As I move into my new life in Japan, I look forward in establishing new connections, trying new things, but most of all laughing and having a great time.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My BOE

Because I haven't started working at the schools yet, I have been going to Ozu's Board of Education almost everyday. I quietly work in a small area within office. I am very lucky to have a great supervisor who has been nothing but helpful and very kind. Although he does not speak that much English, gesturing and having help from others has been useful. The first week or so we went to sign up for a "Gaijin" foreigners' card, cell phone, internet, and other paperwork and logistics.




On August 12th, I went to my "Enkai" welcome party thrown by my BOE. Also, two other JETs came and a retired English Teacher who was eighty years old who translated my English to Japanese during the party. It was pretty interesting because we ate dinner a this really nice restaurant and drank a lot of beer and shochu sake. The culture in Japan at drinking parties with co workers is very different to me, but I had a lot of fun. The food was amazing, and it was great to hang out with the coworkers. Each dish was very unique, but I really enjoyed this one dish that looked like fish with popcorn balls ove
r it, which was SOOO good! After the enkai, I had a nijikai, which we ended up going to a karaoke bar with the Ozu JETs, my supervisor, and one of the teachers of a school I will be teaching English.










Posted by My Japan Adventures at 8:10 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

About Me

My Japan Adventures
Moving from California to the rural parts of Ehime, Japan is one giant leap. For a year, I will be traveling to various schools and assisting Japanese teachers teach English and hopefully create incredible memories.
View my complete profile

Followers

Blog Archive

  • ►  2010 (3)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  March (2)
  • ▼  2009 (19)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  September (4)
    • ▼  August (9)
      • Matsuyama Fun
      • Imotaki
      • Exploring Ozu
      • Matsuyama Orientation
      • My BOE
      • Uwajima Welcome Party
      • Ukai Fishing
      • Tokyo Orientation
      • SF Airport